The word ‘medicine’, comes from the Latin ‘ars medicina’ and means the ‘art of the healing’.
So what if medicine wasn’t just about pills, potions and surgeries but also included ‘the art of healing’ through living?
So how do we heal through living?
The Key Principles to Understand are that:
- every human being has an essence of love/stillness
- we live as if this essence does not exist or as if we are in separation to it and thus we have issues like low self-worth, not being good enough, always needing to do more, to achieve more and so forth
- we make daily choices that are not from this essence of stillness but may be from the mind, ideals, beliefs or our emotions without due regard for the body
- these choices harm the body over time as they are not of the same quality of energy as our essence is
- The Body is the Marker of Truth and reveals all our choices (SB) – in other words, aches and pains, illness and disease and suffering of all kinds has more to do with how we live than we care to imagine, accept or acknowledge
- by making daily choices from our essence of love and stillness we can re-harmonise and heal
- listening to the body (rather than the mind) and honouring what we feel is key to living in a way that is healing and honouring of the body
- healing is not always physical but involves the whole being and occurs when we return to who we truly are – divine beings expressing in a way that is loving and caring for the whole. Thus no choice would be made that is toxic or harming to the body. It also means that one can heal, heal the root cause, return to one’s essence, be harmonious in one’s being and still have physical disease present in the body
- by making loving and caring choices based on the truth of who we are, we bring more love and harmony to the body and that is healing.
What sorts of choices heal?
All choices that come from our true nature or essence of love and stillness have a healing effect. Likewise all choices that arise in separation to our true nature will have a harming effect. All areas of life are important – as we are affected by everything all of the time so there is no escape or time off. The quality with which we perform our daily activities of living and expressing all have an effect on the body. Such activities include :
- Making love
By bringing the qualities of care, gentleness, tenderness, nurturing and kindness to all our activities and expressions we can embody these qualities such that they become our living way. Whilst we each have the same essence of love, how that is expressed in the world is unique to each person.
In addition, the art of healing also embraces all that modern medicine has to offer and considers it all part of our healing journey – where we may need medication, surgery, physiotherapy and so forth in addition to addressing our daily choices of living such that those too are healing.